Nysnø is on the lookout for robust and well-managed companies with a clear plan for the development of climate friendly technology and solutions.
We undertake thorough analyses of the company, technology, market and competitors before we invest. Nysnø has long-term capital and can support companies through all stages of development. We acknowledge that it may take time for the true value of a company to be reflected in its market price. Primarily, we will be investing in the company’s growth phase, during scale-up and commercialisation. Nysnø may further invest in funds that contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions through their investments.
Nysnø invests in companies that meet the following requirements:
- Effect on climate – The company must directly contribute to reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Zero emission and low emission solutions will be prioritised.
- Activities – Nysnø will primarily invest in activities that work with new technology in the transition from technology development to commercialisation. Nysnø will not in principle stimulate to further development of new power production in Norway.
- Geography – Nysnø will invest in companies and trusts with activities in or outside of Norway.
- Ownership structure – Private participants must own at least 50 per cent of the companies and trusts that Nysnø invests in. In this context, government-owned companies are not considered to be private.
- Profitability – Nysnø will make investments that are expected to yield long-term profitability.